Monroe County Health Department Influenza Clinics
WHO NEEDS A FLU SHOT?
- An annual influenza vaccination is recommended for all persons 6 months of age and older.
Charge for flu shots is $35.00 (covered by Medicare Part B), High Dose flu shots (age 65+) $55.00, Pneumonia vaccines will be available at all clinics. Charge is $85.00 (covered by Medicare Part B).
- Vaccine shots by appointment only
- Cash or check is accepted as payment
- Both a flu and pneumonia shot may be given at one visit.
- Additional information available on the Monroe County Health Department FLU HOTLINE 734-240-7878 or toll free at 888-354-5500, ext 7878.
- Any questions about flu or pneumonia shots can be answered by calling the Monroe County Health Department at 734-240-7812 or toll free at 888-354-5500 ext. 7812.
Who Can Get a Flu Shot Through the Vaccines for Children’s Program?
- In addition to the flu clinics, the flu vaccination will be available mid-October for children 6 months through 18 years of age who qualify for the Vaccines for Children’s Program during regular Immunization Clinic hours:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday* & Friday
9:00am-11:30am & 1:00pm-4:00pm
*Hours on 1st & 3rd Wednesday 10:00am - 11:30am & 1:00pm - 6:00pm
Qualifying children MUST meet one of the following criteria:
- No health insurance
- Health insurance that does not include immunizations
- Alaskan or Native Indian.
The charge for a flu shot through the Vaccines for Children’s Program is $20.00 for administration fee.
- All children 8 years of age and under who have never had a flu shot need to receive a second dose of flu vaccine one month after the first.