Health Department Administration
- Kim Comerzan MSN, RN, CNS - Health Officer/Director
- Carl Schmidt, MD, MPH - Medical Director/Medical Examiner
- Jamie Dean, BS, M.S.Ed - Finance, Education and Administration Director
- Dawn Booker-Coleman - Senior Administrative Assistant
- Bridget Huss, RN, BSN - Personal Health Director
- Tatyana Ivanova, MD, MPH - Community Health and Public Health Preparedness Director
- Chris Westover, BS, RS - Environmental Health Director
The Monroe County Health Department was established in 1942 with only 10 staff. Currently staff fill the equivalent of 45 full time positions and provide numerous services to the community. The Monroe County Health Department seeks to promote and improve the health of all residents.
Protect the public through health promotion, disease prevention, and preservation of the environment.
Healthy Monroe County - A Knowledgeable, Safe, and Active Community
- Respect - We provide client centered services in a client friendly environment with consideration and courtesy to our partners, clients and colleagues.
- Professionalism - We are skilled and educated to the services provided and present ourselves to clients, peers, and community partners with appropriate appearance and behavior.
- Communication - We utilize excellent listening, oral and written communication skills.
- Attitude - Our demeanor, actions and words spoken with partners, clients and colleagues reflect a positive attitude.
- Integrity - We ensure honesty, accountability and fiscal responsibility for our actions to the community and its citizens.
- Teamwork - We provide effective and efficient service through collaboration with partners, clients and colleagues.
- Leadership - We demonstrate leadership related to quality public health for all citizens of Monroe County, our partners, clients and colleagues.
- Sustain adequate resources for the work of public health
- Provide staff with the necessary resources and tools to ensure a balanced aligned workforce
- Integrate a culture of performance, excellence and accountability
- Protect and prepare the community for public health threats
- Fulfillment of stakeholder needs through comprehensive community health assessments, planning and evidence based practice