First Fridays at the Museum
The first Friday of each month we offer special programming from 6-9 pm for museum visitors of all ages, and each month's activities are centered on a different theme. Some of our themes are pop culture oriented, several of them include the opportunity to dress up (or down), many of them include local history, and all of them are free, fun, and open to the public-so join us on First Fridays to see what your museum has to offer! Unless otherwise specified, First Friday events will be held at the main museum in downtown Monroe.
For the most current information on upcoming First Fridays, please visit us on Facebook.
2022 First Friday Themes
- January 7: Long Winter's Nap
- February 4: Let's Get Quizzical
- March 4: Mitten Mysteries
- April 1: Wizards and Wands
- May 6: Revenge of the Sixth
- June 3: Cottage Core at the River Raisin Territorial Park
- July 1: Star-Spangled Scoops at the River Raisin Territorial Park
- August 5: First Friday at the Fair at the Eby House, on the Monroe County Fairgrounds
- September 2: Chalk the Walk
- October 7: A Spirited Halloween
- November 4: Harvesting History
Senior Outreach Programs
We are pleased to offer mobile history programming to the seniors in our community. Currently, we visit 20 different senior centers, nursing facilities, and assisted living homes around Monroe County up to 4 times each year to share local history with many folks who do not have the ability to come to the Museum. Any facility or organization that serves seniors and would like a free program is encouraged to call the Programs Department at 734-240-7786 to schedule one today.
Scouting Programs are available at the Museum for all program levels and ages. If you don't see a program below that suits your needs, we can create one to meet your requirements. Please call at least 2 weeks prior to your preferred date to schedule your field trip or program.