Probate / Juvenile Court
The Courthouse Is Now Open to the Public.
- Members of the public who are not fully vaccinated are required to wear facial coverings, unless medically intolerable. Security must be advised of the intolerance and alternate service measures will be provided.
- A drop box is available outside of the courthouse entrance to drop off filings or payments.
"Zoom" Instructions for the Public
- From Probate / Juvenile Court
- For Appearing by Video Conference or Audio Conference Using "ZOOM" ™
- Judge Arnold Meeting Id Number: 946-697-7105
- Judge Lohmeyer Meeting Id Number: 637-338-5820
- Referee Sweeney Meeting Id Number: 315-763-6701
Using a smartphone?
- Install the ZOOM app from the Google Play Store or the App Store.
- Please note that when using a smartphone, it is difficult to see all of the options for ZOOM on one screen. You will need to swipe your screen to the right to see all of the Zoom options.
Using a computer or tablet?
- Ensure your device has a camera and speakers that work properly.
- Log in to Zoom at www.zoom.us. You will need to create an account by supplying your email address and creating a password.
At the time of your virtual hearing / conference call:
- Log in to the Zoom app or your Zoom account. Enter the meeting ID number that you have been provided for the hearing. (This is a unique 10 digit number that has been assigned to each jurist, found at the top of this sheet.)
- Test your video and audio connection prior to the beginning of the hearing. (Note: if you are using a smartphone, you will have to swipe to the right on your screen to see all of the menu options.)
- Make sure that you have a good Wi-Fi connection or a substantial LTE mobile data plan to ensure a quality connection for the hearing.
- Remember that the call is a court proceeding and therefore an extension of the actual courtroom. Appropriate conduct and attire is expected and required.
- While you are participating in the virtual hearing, choose a location that is quiet and free of interruptions, background noise and poor lighting. Keep yourself and your device still, if possible.
- You will be placed in a virtual waiting room when you initially dial in to the virtual hearing. Please be patient! A staff member will generally reach out to you to give you an update if the time for your court appearance is delayed for any reason.
If you do not have a smartphone or a computer, you can also dial in for your court hearing using a phone. Dial 646-876-9923 or 669-900-6833 and use the meeting ID for the judge assigned to your case.
Technical support: The court uses Zoom meeting services for the virtual courtroom experience. The court does not provide technical assistance for testing or troubleshooting issues. It is your responsibility to ensure that your connection works prior to your court appearance.
Please contact the court at 734-240-7335 for Judge Arnold, 734-240-7326 for Judge Lohmeyer or
734-240-7160 for Referee Sweeney if you are having trouble connecting for your court hearing.
Mission of the Monroe County Probate Court
Our mission is to serve the community with integrity, compassion and accountability through delivery of restorative justice.
Vision of the Monroe County Probate Court
Our vision is to provide outstanding public service while meeting the diverse needs of our community.
Guiding Principles of the Monroe County Probate Court
To preserve the inherent rights and dignity of all individuals. To recognize that all individuals have specific strengths and needs. To provide timely, competent and professional service. To demonstrate integrity in words and actions.
Authority of the Monroe County Probate Court
The Probate Court is part of the judicial branch of government and ultimately under the supervision of the Michigan Supreme Court. The Probate Court is created by the State of Michigan Constitution, Article VI, Section 15 and is the oldest court in Michigan.