My well went dry what do I do now?

First, contact a licensed well driller in the State of Michigan (PDF). The driller will help you troubleshoot the problem and supply your home with a safe water supply as soon as possible. Then, prior to commencing work on the well, contact the Monroe County Health Department to secure the proper water supply permits.

In the meantime, do not attempt to use the well in hope that the water has somehow returned. This can cause problems with mechanical equipment that is used in the water supply and can ultimately cost you money. You will have to utilize bottled water for drinking and cooking until you have a safe water supply. And, depending on the problem, the existing well may be upgraded or a new well may have to be drilled.

Refer to Site Plan Proposed On-Site Water Supply (PDF).

Show All Answers

1. How do I obtain a well permit?
2. How do I sample my water well?
3. My well went dry what do I do now?
4. How do I chlorinate my well?
5. I have a connection to municipal water now, what do I do with my old well?
6. I think my well went dry because of a large capacity well close to my house, what can I do?