Monroe County Health Department Influenza Vaccination Clinics
**Please note that services offered at flu clinic events are based on vaccine availability**
General MCHD Influenza Vaccination Information
WHO NEEDS A FLU SHOT?
- An annual influenza vaccination is recommended for all persons 6 months of age and older.
Charge for flu shots is $35.00 (covered by Medicare Part B), High Dose flu shots (age 65+) $55.00, Pneumonia vaccines will be available at all clinics, charge for Pneumonia $135.00 or $220.00 (depending on what shot is needed Pneumonia also covered by Medicare Part B).
- Vaccine shots by appointment only
- Cash, check
- Mastercard, Visa Credit Card accepted (for in office flu appointments only)
- Both a flu and pneumonia shot may be given at one visit.
- Additional information available on the Monroe County Health Department FLU HOTLINE 734-240-7878 or toll free at 888-354-5500, ext 7878.
- Any questions about flu or pneumonia shots can be answered by calling the Monroe County Health Department at 734-240-7830 or toll free at 888-354-5500 ext. 7830.
Who Can Get a Flu Shot Through the Vaccines for Children’s Program?
- In addition to the flu clinics, the flu vaccination will be available mid-October for children 6 months through 18 years of age who qualify for the Vaccines for Children’s Program during regular Immunization Clinic hours
Qualifying children MUST meet one of the following criteria:
- No health insurance
- Health insurance that does not include immunizations
- Alaskan or Native Indian.
The charge for a flu shot through the Vaccines for Children’s Program is $20.00 for administration fee.
- All children 8 years of age and under who have never had a flu shot need to receive a second dose of flu vaccine one month after the first.
American Academy of Pediatrics
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS)
National Institutes of Health (NIH)