• CHPOriginal

County Clerk

County Clerk

Military Discharge Information

Monroe County military discharge records are not available for viewing, but may be obtained by the discharged military person  only.  Records are on file where the military personnel filed their discharge.  Heirs can contact Monroe County Veterans Bureau for records.

Filing Military Discharge:

It is the responsibility of the service person to file copies of the original documents at the Clerk's Office at the time of separation from the military.

Required Information: 

  • Military discharge papers (DD214)
  • Completed documents with original signatures

In person: Monroe County Clerk's Office, 106 E. First St., Monroe, MI 48161

Obtaining Certified Copies for Monroe County Military Discharges Only:

In person/by mail: To request a certified copy of your own military discharge, picture identification (driver's license) must be provided.  Send request to:  Monroe County Clerk's Office, 106 E First St, Monroe, MI 48161.

Requests can be made in person or by mail.

No filing fee - one certified copy given.