SAVE TIME AND COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATIONS FOR MARRIAGE, CONCEALED PISTOL LICENSE, AND NOTARY ONLINE
CLICK THE LINK BELOW:
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Be a Michigan resident or maintain a place of business in Michigan;
- Be a US citizen or possess proof of legal presence;
- Be a resident of the county (or maintain a principle place of business: in which you request appointment;
- Read and write in the English language;
- Be free of any felony convictions, misdemeanor convictions, or violations as specified;
- Have filed with the appropriate county clerk a proper surety bond in the amount of $10,000 and taken the oath of office as prescribed by the constitution;
- Sign a declaration that all information on application is correct, that you have read and understand the laws, and that you will perform all notarial acts faithfully.
- Not be imprisoned in any state, county or federal correctional facility.
An Application for Michigan Notary Public Appointment must first be completed with your driver's license number, full legal name, name as you wish to be appointed, date of birth, residential address, business address, telephone numbers, and, if a current notary, information about your current appointment. This form is available from the Michigan Department of State website at http://www.michigan.gov/documents/sos/Application_for_Michigan_Notary_Public_194159_7.pdf To ensure that your appointment is accurately made, print or type your name on the application exactly as you intend to use it when notarizing documents. It is important that you sign the application exactly the way you wish to be appointed.
You must then obtain and file a notary surety bond (available through insurance agencies or bonding companies) in the amount of $10,000 within 90 days with our office if you live in Monroe County, or live out of state and work in Monroe County. The fee for this filing at the county level is $10. At that time, the county clerk will also administer an Oath of Office, and certify that you have complied with these requirements by completing the designated area on the completed Notary Public Application. Your original signature must then be placed on the form, agreeing to all conditions stated.
After you have fulfilled the filing requirements at the county level, you must then forward your completed application (with a $10 non-refundable processing fee) to the following address: Michigan Department of State, Office of the Great Seal, 7064 Crowner Blvd. Lansing, MI 48918. Do not send cash; please send a check or money order payable to the "State of Michigan". Your notary commission certificate will then be mailed directly to your residence address as indicated on the application form. Your notary commission is not valid until you receive your certificate of commission in the mail.
For more information regarding Notary Public Commission visit the Michigan Department of State website at http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,1607,7-127-1638_8736---,00.html