The list of foreclosed parcels that will be available at that auction will be posted around mid July.
Preparing for the Auction
- Available properties are posted online at www.tax-sale.info as early as June of each year
- Create a free account to view details and photos for each property. Enter deed and other contact information online before the auction to cut your wait time in half on auction day.
- You should thoroughly research and visit property that you plan to bid on before attending the auction.
- The County Treasurer sells property based on the assessed legal description only. Any personal property or other items not physically attached to the land remain the property of the previous owner and are not included in auction lots.
- You will not be allowed to bid on parcels located in a county in which you owe outstanding property taxes. Please confirm all property taxes are paid before the auction takes place.
- Review the full auction rules at www.tax-sale.info/forms/Standard-Rules.pdf.
The Auction Process
- Arrive at the auction approximately 30 minutes before the stated start time to register.
Bidders who pre-register online must still check in with the auction clerk but will typically be ready in half the time of those who don’t pre-register.
- You will be assigned a bidder number and bid card to use during the auction.
- Auctions take place both live in person and online. You will be bidding against other floor bidders as well as online and absentee bidders throughout the auction.
- You can bid online from home if you choose. However, we recommend that you attend the auction in person if you are able to avoid technological or other issues.
- The bidding process is explained by the auctioneer in detail before the sale, so don’t arrive late!
Once you’re done bidding, you can check out immediately. There is no need to wait for the auction to conclude.
Payment and What to Expect After the Sale
- You must pay for your purchases in full within 30 minutes after the auction ends.
- No Cash Will Be Accepted!
- If your total purchase is less than $1,000 you may pay by Certified Check, Money Order, Personal Check, Visa, MasterCard or Discover.Credit card payments will be assessed an additional fee.
- If your total is greater than $1,000 you must pay a portion of your total with certified funds (a certified check from your bank). Money orders will not meet this requirement. If your total is:
- $1,000 or more, first $1,000 certified
- $50,000 or more, first $5,000 certified
- The remaining balance can be paid by any form of payment listed above. Please come prepared with certified funds or your purchase will be cancelled.
- A 10% buyer’s premium will be added to your total bid for each lot.
- There is an additional deed recording fee for each lot purchased.
- The current summer taxes due on each lot purchased will be collected at checkout.
Deeds will be delivered after recording, within 4 to 6 weeks.